The project is a partnership between community and CIFORD Kenya to empower women in Tigania community with sustainable agriculture skills and the adaptation of climate change. This project aimed to train the women in the
- sustainable agriculture techniques for food production
- Intensive land preparation includes double digging, sunken beds , multi storey gardens , mandala gardens ,
- Integrated soil fertility management which involved the training on compost making, farm yard manure, liquid manure and plant tea, fertility trench, crop cover
- Integrated pest management to reduce the loss
- Dry land farming techniques
- methods of climate change adaptation
- Environmental conservation. In an effort to reduce the effect of climate change, the training on tree nursery and planting the trees,
- Renewable energy : the use of energy efficient stoves to reduce the cutting down of the trees.
Training on the double digging and Mandala gardens
Training on Compost making using waste materials from the farm
The results of the hard work. A kales garden
Making work easy. Women support each other in the implementation of the learnt skills.
ENERGY SAVING JIKOS
Women getting the stove liner to take home.
Installation of energy efficient stoves
Women during depth training on different topic and issues
P.O.BOX 646 ,
Designed by email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone number:0706528659